TayCare Medical has been supplying high quality orthotic products and services to the NHS and private sector for over 85 years. Our steady growth over those years has enabled us to meet the demands from our customers and ensure an excellent delivery of service to all our patients.
The company was founded in 1925 by Ernest Taylor and Arthur Higgins as a result of the tragic events of the First World War and established under the name of Taylor and Higgins Ltd until we changed the company name to TayCare Medical in 2004. With each year the company has grown and developed. Whilst we are proud of this success, we are never complacent and always ensure our patients receive a consistent professional and competent service.
Over the years there has been a dramatic change in the way we deliver our services, the introduction of new technology, the increasing referral rate leading to an increase in the demand for our products and services and latest national reports. As a company we had to embrace these changes and due to the demand for the service we acquired another orthotic supplier to ensure we could deliver the contracts.
We have a dedicated team of 14 Orthotists to cover the various clinics throughout the UK and employ a highly skilled technical workforce.
Over the years of trading the company has moved locations numerous times, but always remaining in its birthplace of Leeds, West Yorkshire. The company premises are now in Wortley, Leeds. We re located to our current 25,000 sq ft head office in April 2006 to provide us with larger premises and to improve the internal communication. Our premises are ideally located for access to the motorways and only a 5 minute drive from Leeds City Centre.